Just looking at the Goals section you may want to clarify the three goals. Is the goal for the students to be able to "Explain how voice …." or does the teacher "Explain how voice…"?
Is there really a goal that the student will "use reading strategies to analyze…", as in they are learning reading strategies as a new skill? Or is this a description of a way of collecting evidence of the attainment of the goal? Or is it a teaching activity? It could be one, two or all three, I was just not sure which.
The rest of the sections look pretty clear and are very thoughtful on your part.
Thank you for your comments. I guess I just have it ingrained in me that the state standards are supposed to be the goals. I now understand that in BWD a goal is different than a standard. I will work to revise my goals.
Looking at through provoking questions, I wonder if you add a question that would be from the view point of the student, how does this personally impact them. Such as writing emails or text their tone. Or perhaps I am way off the path here.
Hi Theresa,
ReplyDeleteWhat is the description of the lesson? Maybe I can't see it on the BWD sheet. That is so awesome that you were to place the actual form on your blog.
sorry Lydia, I should have added a description to the form. I added it below the form. Thanks for the heads up.
DeleteWoohoo, you did it! I really like the clarity of your goals and steps, Theresa! Your students will definitely be able to apply what they have learned!
ReplyDeleteI like that you chose something very specific. And the fact that this one is so tough! Good job, I can't wait to see stages 2 & 3!
ReplyDeleteJust looking at the Goals section you may want to clarify the three goals. Is the goal for the students to be able to "Explain how voice …." or does the teacher "Explain how voice…"?
ReplyDeleteIs there really a goal that the student will "use reading strategies to analyze…", as in they are learning reading strategies as a new skill? Or is this a description of a way of collecting evidence of the attainment of the goal? Or is it a teaching activity? It could be one, two or all three, I was just not sure which.
The rest of the sections look pretty clear and are very thoughtful on your part.
Thank you for your comments. I guess I just have it ingrained in me that the state standards are supposed to be the goals. I now understand that in BWD a goal is different than a standard. I will work to revise my goals.
DeleteLooking at through provoking questions, I wonder if you add a question that would be from the view point of the student, how does this personally impact them. Such as writing emails or text their tone. Or perhaps I am way off the path here.
ReplyDeleteOoops I mean thought- provoking
Delete